Japanese Daruma Dolls
Traditional Japanese Daruma, also known as Japanese Dharma Dolls are rich in symbolism and seen as a symbol of perseverance making them a popular gift of encouragement, commonly used alongside goal setting! Daruma are associated with a beloved Japanese proverb, nana korobi yaoki, which means, fall down seven times, get up eight as the Daruma doll's rounded shape allows it to return to its original position even if knocked over, representing such persistence. Daruma reminds us all to never, ever give up on our goals in life! The five colours of Daruma dolls represent five different types of goals;
- A Red Daruma (the most popular) is for a goal related to luck and good fortune.
- A Purple Daruma is for a goal related to health and longevity.
- A Yellow Daruma is for a goal related to security and protection.
- A Gold Daruma is for a goal related to wealth and prosperity.
- A White Daruma is for a goal related to love and harmony.
Buy your Japanese Daruma Doll online and have it gift wrapped free of charge, or visit us at our showroom for this and many more authentic Japanese Daruma Dolls!