Japanese Daruma Dolls
Traditional Japanese Daruma, also known as Japanese Dharma Dolls are rich in symbolism and seen as a symbol of perseverance making them a popular gift of encouragement, commonly used alongside goal setting! Daruma are associated with a beloved Japanese proverb, nana korobi yaoki, which means, fall down seven times, get up eight as the Daruma doll's rounded shape allows it to return to its original position even if knocked over, representing such persistence.
A Japanese Daruma Doll is one of our favourite Japanese good luck charms, allowing owners to set themselves specific and achievable goals. Commonly sold with blank eyes, the traditional custom denotes that one eye must be filled in when a goal is set and the other eye is filled in once you have successfully completed your goal - making them great gifts for the ambitious! The five colours of Daruma dolls represent five different types of goals;
- A Red Daruma (the most popular) is for a goal related to luck and good fortune.
- A Purple Daruma is for a goal related to health and longevity.
- A Yellow Daruma is for a goal related to security and protection.
- A Gold Daruma is for a goal related to wealth and prosperity.
- A White Daruma is for a goal related to love and harmony.
The perfect New Years gift or to help your loved ones on the way to success at any time of the year, buy your Japanese Daruma Doll online and have it gift wrapped free of charge. Or alternatively, visit our showroom and discover our entire range of Japanese Dolls.