Beautiful Crackleglaze Tableware with lovely cake
It is hard to describe in words, but you can see gradation light blue colour with crackles inside of it, yes, it is beautiful tableware set.
You will get one large plate with two side plates and two sets of chopsticks and rests.
I wanted to use this plate as a cake plate, instead of sushi this time, because I thought the oval shape plate is good for rectangle shape cake.
My cake is English Tea Cake.
You will find bit strange that tea bag leaf is actually inside of cake. This kind of cakes are not too strange for Japanese people.
It is actually quite popular cafe deserts in Japan. Not only in this butter cake but also chiffon cakes and cookies, Japanese people use English tea bags.
Here is my recipe for English Tea Cake.
18cm ×9cm ×9cm caketin
- 120g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 120g Sugar
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 120g Plain Flour
- 1 everyday tea bag
- preheat oven for 160 degree and line baking sheet to the cake tin
- put unsalted butter into a bowl and using hand mixer to make pale cream colour.
- add sugar gradually
- beat egg in separate bowl, and add little by little into 3 and mix well
- cut tea bag, and add to 4. mix well as well.
- change to spatula and shift flour to 5, mix until not floury
- cake dough into the cake tin, and bake for 30min
- check the cake with skewer that nothing comes up, so that cake is ready. If doughy thing comes with skewer, you need cake back to the oven further 5 – 10min.
- take out from oven and leave on the cooler lack to be little cooler, then take out from cake tin and leave to be completely cool
(Please do not cut a cake on the crackleglaze plate. It may be caused damages plate with sharp knife.)
It is nice to have a tea party or afternoon tea, with your special guest.
You can probably say that “Have you had tea bag leaf actually to eat?”
This is what I used tableware. You can see whole sets with the professional photographer’s photo and you can also click the photo to link to our website!
See you soon!