Book of Japanese Gardens a Journey
is the complement to the fabulous BBC2 series, Japanese Gardens. Written by one of the nation's favourite gardeners Monty Don, it is a beautifully produced hardback book with over 200 original photographs from Derry Moore. Traditional Japanese gardens combine aesthetics with ethics in a perfectly curated celebration of nature. A Japanese garden is the natural world made miniature: rocks represent mountains, ponds represent seas. In this personal and lyrical exploration of both the traditional and the modern aspects of Japanese gardening, Monty Don takes a look at the traditions and culture which inform some of the most beautiful gardens from all over Japan, from Kenroku-en to the Zen gardens of Tokyo and the historic beauty of Kyoto. Monty Don and Derry Moore guide us through the history and spectacular seasons of Japanese gardens, from the famous cherry blossom celebration hanami to the autumnal crimson magnificence of momijigari. Monty Don also explores the creative forms uniquely associated with Japanese gardens, from stone-masonry and ikebana to the intricate skill of bonsai. Stunningly photographed by Derry Moore, Book of Japanese Gardens a Journey
is a fascinating exploration of a unique relationship with gardens!
Size: 29cm x 24.5cm x 2.5cm / 11.5 x 9.75 x 1 inches
Order your Book of Japanese Gardens a Journey online today and have it gift wrapped free of charge or visit our showroom for this and more traditional Japanese gardening books!
Fast and Efficient Worldwide Delivery
Most orders received before 3pm are despatched the same day with either Royal Mail, Parcelforce or DHL.
To the United Kingdom (UK)
- Standard UK Delivery: £3.90 order now for delivery in 3-5 days
- Standard Tracked UK Delivery: £4.90 order now for delivery in 3-5 days (FREE for orders over £60).
- Next Day UK Tracked Delivery: £8.90 order now (before 2pm) for delivery next day
To the European Union (EU)
- Standard EU Tracked Delivery: £20 order now for delivery in 5-10 days
- Express Internation Delivery: please email us your requirements
To the Rest of the World (RoW)
- Standard Rest of World Tracked Delivery: £30 order now for delivery in 5-15 days
- Express International Delivery: please email us your requirements
For more information about The Japanese Shop delivery details, please click here.
No quibble 100% Money Back Guarantee and simple, fast and FREE Returns!
We want you to be delighted with your order so if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, for UK based customers, please follow these 3 simple steps for a prompt exchange or refund;
- Email us requesting a return and we will send you a Royal Mail Tracked Returns label by 1st class post.
- Carefully re-package the goods in their original packaging, include a copy of your order and a note explaining your requirements.
- Affix the delivery label from Royal Mail to the package and simply drop it off at any Post Office!
On receipt of the goods, and assuming they are in a re-saleable condition, we will process the exchange or refund within 3 working days.
For overseas customers and more information about The Japanese Shop returns policy please click here.
FREE Japanese style Gift-Wrapping!
In Japan the presentation of your gift is almost as important as the gift itself so in true Japanese style we can offer you a FREE gift-wrapping service! We wrap your gifts using a special Japanese textured paper to which we then affix either a small origami crane bird (which represents love and peace in Japan) or a mizuhiki (coloured wire) motif.
If you would like your order gift-wrapped please remember to select the Gift-Wrapping option from the drop down box on the product page when placing your order, if you do not select this option we will assume that you do not require gift-wrapping.
For more information about The Japanese Shop gift-wrapping, please click here.